Fashion Styling is a professional discipline that is concerned with amalgamating different apparels & accessories in varied permutations and combinations, mixing and matching styles, trends & practicality to craft sublime ensembles. He works with designers & photographers etc. to create distinct looks utilizing various clothing & accessories, thus brings alive their vision.
The fashion stylist must possess great sense of style, an eye for detail, textures and colours, along with an understanding of fashion trends. He should be creative with clothing besides being equipped with proficiency in accentuating the physical attributes of people-celebrities, models & designers etc.
Basis the specialization, expertise & personal style, aspirant can select one of the following:
- Personal stylist
- Celebrity stylist
- Photography stylist
- Product stylist
- Social media stylist
- The aspirant must have passed their 10+2 in any discipline from a recognised board.
- The eligible candidates must appear in the entrance test and secure a pre-decided cut off marks.
- The candidate securing the cut-off marks must clear the group discussion & personal interview round.
- In case the candidate has any work experience, he/she will get preference.
Responsibilities of a Fashion Stylist:
- He will be working with designers, models, public figures, tailors, photographers, celebrities, media, retailers, hair & makeup artists & publicists etc.
- He has to attend the fashion shows, trade shows and other fashion industry events to keep abreast of ensuing trends and styles.
- He interacts with clients, understand their requirements and accordingly recommends ensemble of clothes & accessories.
- He researches fabrics, fashion accessories and clothing construction along with keeping abreast with varied designer labels and fashion designers.
- He must be excellent in networking and collaborates with various teams as well as other stakeholders. Furthermore, he assists buyers for major retail chains from a worldwide array of brands and manufacturers.
- He works with public figures and create a personalised visual aesthetics. He is also involved in personal shopping and may work as personalised stylist.
Fashion styling courses
Fashion Styling course is being offered by many colleges. However, the college that offers the following is ideal:
- The college must offer its students a comprehensive understanding about fashion, its history, about textiles & different fabrics, hair, retail buying, skincare, accessories, merchandising, body types, and material etc.
- The curriculum must equip students with proficiencies in Editorial Styling, Commercial Styling, Personal Styling, Costume Design besides inter-disciplinary learning that includes Retail clothing brands, Electronic & Print media, Fashion labels and Brands, Forecasting Agencies, Corporate & organizations etc.
- The college must ensure subjective & objective knowledge in personal styling besides understanding of photography, hair styling, films, makeup, art direction & costumes etc.
- The college must ensure staggard way of learning, enhancing the complexity in different semesters.
- College must enable international opportunities along with ensuring proper exposure through internships, student exchange programs, participation in live projects, regular interaction with industry experts along with participation in competitions.
- The college must offer certification that is recognised at both domestic and international level.
A career that is lucrative and glamourous is awaiting you. Just register now.
Also Read About: Benefits of getting sets of pyjamas